North Kessock Hall to 2025: Phase 1
Attention all hall user groups
FAO all hall user groups: update 3rd February 2011
Work Progress Report
Following confirmation of approval of planning permission and building warrant and all funding in place, the project has commenced. Progress has been excellent with the following having been accomplished to date (24.01.11)
1. Ceiling works – involving building of timber framework; insertion of Kingspan insulation; placing one layer of plaster board followed by a further layer of acoustic plasterboard to meet fire regulations and improve general acoustics. This has been completed in the main hall area and Tom Williamson Joinery and his team are now addressing the stage area in the same manner.
2. Window fitting - On completion of the ceiling the builder will commence work on the windows as soon as the materials arrive on site; the materials are expected within the next two weeks.
3. Electrical works – Keith Miller of Firth Electrical is working concurrently with the above works. Energy saving lights are now in situ in the main toilet area and in progress of being fitted in the in the hall lobby, to be followed by the adjacent rooms, the rooms behind the stage area and the exterior. T8 fluorescent type energy saving lighting system will be installed in the hall once the ceiling is completed and painted. A new ventilation system will also be installed. We have just been informed that the electrician is off work with illness; hopefully work will not be delayed significantly.
4. Paintworks - These are due to start the week commencing 31st January, immediately following on from completion of ceiling. The works, with Souters’ of Inverness, will include taping, taping , jointing, making good, followed by applying sealer and two coats of emulsion paint. Community effort will take on painting of walls and benches on final completion of hall area and/or when best fits timings for contractors or community use.
5. Biomass boiler – this has now been ordered by contractor CLH Solar and a completion date of 28th May agreed for their works, including solar installation. Within the next 2 weeks CLH Solar should be commencing internal heating installation works. Also, subject to suitable weather conditions, and building contractors schedule, the building of the outside pellet and boiler store will commence.