Login
Facebook
Get your free website from Spanglefish

Minutes July 2011

 

NORTH KESSOCK AMENITIES ASSOCIATION
MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 4 JULY 2011 AT 8.00PM IN NORTH KESSOCK HALL COMMITTEE ROOM
 
1.PRESENT:
Janet Jardine (JJ)  Seoras Swanson(SS) Margaret Brown(MB) Elizabeth MacLennan)(EMacL) Angus MacLean(AMacL) Margaret MacKenzie(MM)
 
2.APOLOGIES
Joan McLennan(Minutes Secretary )Keith Leech(KL) Rhona Adam(RA)
 
3.CHAIRPERSON’S WELCOME – The Chairperson Janet Jardine opened the meeting and thanked everyone for attending. The evening started with a Hall Improvement Project update at 7.30pm in the main hall for all committee members prior to commencement of regular meeting at 8.00pm in Committee Room.
 
4.ADOPTION OF MINUTES OF MEETING – held on Monday 6 June 2011 was proposed by SS and seconded by AMacL subject to a date correction.
 
5.MATTERS ARISING FROM MEETING OF 6 JUNE 2011
HALL IMPROVEMENT PROGRESS REPORT – As KL had given his apologies no further information.
We are still awaiting the stage vents to be closed off, paint the vents in hall if the contractor does not change them. SS could do work. SS advised we are 163¼ hours over the 200 hours required by volunteers.
CHEWING GUMSS to approach Acorn or similar company to organise a sign ‘Deposit your Chewing Gum in Bin’ or something to that effect.
PUBLIC ENTERTAINMENT LICENCE RENEWAL- JJ advised Angela Mair from the Dingwall Office notified her Renewal going through, no certificate as yet for Flower Show.
 
6.HALL IMPROVEMENT PROJECT PROGRESS REPORT: OPEN DAY,SIGNS, PLAQUES, VOLUNTEERS – No date yet for opening. Liz thought end of August. Until Contractor has finished his work and all works completed no date can be given for Official Opening. Signs, plaques SS was quoted £275 plus VAT for one from Acorn.
 
TREASURER’S REPORT ON PROJECT FINANCESSS Circulated PDF on Finances. Total Income £111,446.06 Total Expenditure £71,067.02. Balance in Bank £40,379.04. Only one unpresented cheque £66.30. Statement Balance £40,445.34. Treasurer confident sufficient funds available for all the work outstanding.
 
7.BOOKINGS SECRETARY REPORT – MM reported Highland Car Club held Car Treasure Hunt on 1 July 2011 using both Committee Room and Hall. On 3 July 2011 Committee Room was booked for a fundraising cycle organised by Click Sergeant. David Duguid (Antiques Fair) booked Hall for Saturday 9 July 2011. Mothers and Toddlers Group organising tidy up evening of toys etc. on 15 August 2011. Zumba Club requested Banner to be erected outside Hall prior to Monday & Friday Class. This was approved by the Committee. North Kessock Tai Chi Club (SS) requested authority to do same and this was approved by the Committee. Ross-shire Women’s Aid booked 23 June 2012 for fundraising (Ceilidh).
 
8.TREASURER’S REPORTSS delivered Report for June 2011. The Bank Balance at end of June was £6,267.70. £360 from 100 Club SS reported Joe Lindsay informed him numbers going down. It was felt an e-mail could be sent to Hall Users to encourage them to take part in 100 Club JJ to undertake this. It was also suggested leaflets could be put through doors to promote 100 Club. As cleaning contract started out of phase 2 months wages were paid. Cleaning Contact up for renewal – trial to be extended to end of August. Electricity was a quarterly bill of £267.56. Repair bill totalling £267.20 was made up of paint, batteries, chubb bill and other bits and pieces, part chair feet- approx. £30 for a further 75 chair feet to come.The Bank balance at the end of June was £6267.70.
 
9.Maintenance – hall users & floor maintenance, storage safety and requests
JJ reported informing Culbokie Hall of bad debtors which they thanked her and agreed a federation of small halls working together in the future to discuss such items would be a good idea.
MB had request from Kirsty Shaw, Community Market, to organise a coffee morning.MB raised  issue of floor maintenance. JJ to ask cleaner to do it on Thursday 11 Auguust 2011. Marion MacInnes to e-mail SS with task sheet detailing cleaning hours etc. before payment is made.
JJ received request from Community Market re storage space for 2 x 15 litres of eco products, books and CD Roms. Eco products would have to be kept with other cleaning products but until we know what our own cleaner’s cupboard will hold we cannot respond. It was agreed no to CD Roms and books.
Storage –KL keen that we discuss this.
 
10.Health and Safety
Fire safety checks have been done. JJ to cross check with KL. Chairs etc. not to be stacked near Emergency Fire Doors.
 
11.Flower Show
EMacL.gave an update. Auctioneer not contacted yet, struggling to find judges for Fruit and Veg. Posters, Schedules and inserts printed. Committee members allocated areas where they will deliver leaflets. SS and AMacL organising road signs,bunting etc. Trophies to be gathered in by EMacL. Table Nos. and sections in hand by EMacL. Flower Show Box under stage. Certificates to be done. JJ to e-mail various people and hall users for entries, support and help on night of Friday 5 August for Flower Show preparation and help on day of Show Saturday 6 August. JJ to approach Community Market to organise lunch, approx.. 12 people, on day of Show Saturday 6 August.
  
12.Trustee Vacancy – Headteacher Retired
NKAA advising the Board of Trustees that the new Headteacher, by virtue of her position in that post is
invited to be a Trustee.  Confirmed by Graham Watson and Owen Smith.  Proposed by SS and seconded by
 AMacL.
 
13.A.O.C.B.
NKAA Web details to be displayed in Hall and on Notice Board. MM will attend to this.
 
13.100 Club Draw
No. 116       W Gillies            £25
No.131        E Fraser             £15
No. 43         D McLennan     £10
 
 
 
NEXT MEETING
TUESDAY 2 AUGUST 2011 @ 7.30 P.M. IN COMMITTEE ROOM
 
 
 

 

Click for Map
site map | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement