Login
Facebook
Get your free website from Spanglefish

Minutes August 2011

 

 
NORTH KESSOCK AMENITIES ASSOCIATION            
 
MINUTES of MEETING held at 7.30pm on Tuesday 2nd August 2011in North Kessock Hall
 
1. PRESENT
Janet Jardine (JJ) Margaret Brown (MB) Elizabeth MacLennan (EMcL) Keith Leech (KL) Angus MacLean (AMcL) Joan McLennan (JMcL) (Minutes Secretary) 
 
2. APOLOGIES:
Rhona Adam (RA) Seoras Swanson (SS) Margaret Mackenzie (MM) 
 
3. CHAIRPERSON'S WELCOME – The Chairperson Janet Jardine opened the meeting and thanked everyone for attending.
The evening started with a Hall Improvement Project update meeting at 7.30pm in the main hall for all committee members prior to commencement of regular meeting at 8.00pm in committee room.
 
4. ADOPTION OF MINUTES OF MEETING – held on Monday 4th July 2011 was proposed by AMcL and seconded by EMcL.
 
5. MATTERS ARISING FROM MEETING OF 4th July 2011
a/ Public Entertainment Licence Renewal - We now have our Public Entertainment Licence which is valid until 28/07/2014. It is to be put in a plastic sleeve and displayed on notice board in hall. Our PIR licence runs out in October.
b/Chewing Gum - SS not present to comment on the chewing gum issue.
c/ Cleaning Contract - Our cleaning contract is up for renewal. Marion MacInnes our present cleaner is now filling in a task sheet & schedule so that we can monitor what has been done. We have also asked the cleaner if she would emulsion the hall floor as part of floor maintenance. EMcL has volunteered to supervise the emulsioning and JJ will contact Marion with regard to timescale and start times. Floor products and instructions labels to be checked after the Flower Show. (EMcL) (JJ)
d/ Trustee Vacancy – The trustees have been notified with details of the new primary school headmistress. They have also had a brief update on the Hall Improvement project. KL to email committee with the most recent news on the project and JJ will pass on to trustees. (KL) (JJ)
 
6. TREASURERS REPORT – No formal report this month in the absence of SS.
 
7. BOOKINGS SCRETARY REPORT– MM was not present at the meeting but had provided a brief report. She confirmed that a letter had been written to G Watson with regards to the new primary head teacher and board of trustees. The NKAA web details were now posted on notice boards inside the hall and outside. A children’s party has been booked for the 3rd August from 11am – 3pm. 10th October has been provisionally booked for the NKAA AGM. Hall fees have been collected from David Duguid. Contact has been made with Jock Brocas and a letter has been received from him and passed onto SS. The Killearnan Players have booked the hall on the 11th & 12th November.
 
8. MAINTENANCE REPORT – Some door plates and door furniture are missing and the ones on the main door are not satisfactory. KL has supplied a poster for the heating and lighting instructions in hall. KL to email copy to JJ. (KL) KL has been in touch with the electrician about the control box and the PIR inspections.
 
9. FLOWER SHOWSaturday 6th August.  The flag is to be flown on the day of the show if the weather is suitable. EMcL has secured all the judges and the auctioneer is George Tait who has kindly agreed to help out. Colin Munro is going to supply the flowers for the front door of the hall. AMcL, MB and KL have volunteered to put bunting up around the hall weather permitting. (AMcL) (MB) (KL) Certificates have been printed; cups returned; score sheets, table no’s, table covers, entry tickets etc have all been checked. SS to get float. (SS) JJ to buy gifts for judges and auctioneer. (JJ) Committee members kindly bring a raffle prize. EMcL to get biscuits, milk & sugar etc from Spar. (EMcL) Committee to meet at hall on Friday 5th August at 7.30pm to set up. Sandy MacLennan has again kindly donated £10 for Children’s Certificates. Moray Firth Radio, Ross-hire Journal and the Inverness Courier to be contacted about advertising the event. We have had confirmation from MacLeod Organics from Ardersier who have offered to provide a buffet lunch of soup and rolls with our budget of £60. KL to supply amplifier for microphone. Deliver on Friday night when setting up. (KL)
 
10. HALL IMPROVEMENT PROJECT PROGRESS REPORT– There are still significant delays with the arrival of the bio mass boiler.
KL to email all committee members with an up-to date progress report. (KL)
 
11. HEALTH AND SAFETY - Fire Safety Cross Checks – Cleaners have been asked to do visual checks. Other monthly fire checks have not been done. KL suggested checks to be carried out at the end of the monthly committee meetings.First Aid Kit checks to be carried out at same time as fire checks. These checks to be added onto the monthly agenda. The emergency exit door in committee room was left wide open recently after a 40th birthday party. Inform MM. (JJ)
 
12. 100 CLUB DRAW
 
No              40.                      Janet Stollery        £25
No              71.                    Joan MacLellan        £15
No                7.                   Angus MacLean        £10
 
 
13. AGM DATEPossible date 10th October.
 
 
A.O.C.B. –
1) Torch battery is not working. A 6 volt battery is needed from Macgregor’s.
2) Fire checks were carried out this evening at the end of the meeting and all are working satisfactorily.
 
NEXT MEETING -
Date to be confirmed.
Click for Map
site map | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement