NORTH KESSOCK VILLAGE HALL
EMERGENCY EVACUATION STRATEGY
In the event of a fire occurring in the hall the following procedure should be implemented.
This building is fitted with automatic alarm and lighting system.
Note – new emergency lighting fitted March 2011
- An appropriate person (e.g. the event organizer, senior person) shall take charge.
- If the Alarm has not sounded break the glass and trigger the alarm system.
- There is a large torch available in the kitchen to the right of the door to the hall.
- Open all appropriate emergency doors and exits.
- Ensure that all doors are not impeded or jammed open or shut.
- Begin evacuation calmly and without panic, ensuring, the disabled and children take priority.
- Do not allow people to collect goods or possessions.
- Instruct evacuees to assemble under the floodlight in the car park.
- Check all persons are out of the building; check Toilets, Storeroom and Committee room are cleared.
NOTE: THERE IS NOT A TELEPHONE IN THE HALL. USE A MOBILE PHONE OR SEND A PERSON TO THE NEAREST HOUSE.
- Alert emergency services: Fire Brigade 999 and/or Ambulance 999 if appropriate.
- Hall Contacts:
- Shut off the Heating System. (The heating system is warm blown air which will aggravate the fire and spread smoke).
- Ensure persons do not attempt to re-enter the building to gather possessions until the Fire Officer agrees that it is safe to do so.
- Keep people at a safe distance from the building.
- Use of the Fire Fighting equipment in the hall must not be to the detriment of the evacuation. The Evacuation must take priority.
Reviewed Dec 2013 SS/MCB